Loading...

Singapore?

A few days after finals, I was off to the Island situated on the south of Peninsula Malaysia – Singapore. Most of you would definitely think of Shopping when it comes to Singapore. No, my trip to Singapore this time was actually a visit-cum-shopping!

I have so many relatives living in Singapore from both parental sides. Therefore, living expenses in Singapore can be stroked out. It’s like another Youth Exchange program to Singapore under Lions Club. I’m glad.

But the main purpose of this visit was still meant for my grandmother alone, who previously fell from a chair. She had undergone an operation, which was very successful, inserting the 5th piece of titanium metal in her left leg, adding up to a total of OMG 7 pieces of titanium metal on her left body itself. After so many falls, she has turned herself into a Bionic Woman.

She’s still learning how to walk as she had not walk for 2 weeks since the operation. Thanks to my uncle, she’s now safe and sound under their care. Both my parents and I stayed over at my uncle’s place which is in Toh Tuck Road. Highgate Cres was where their house exactly situated in. 

Yes, they are living in a triple-story-terrace instead of condominium. Some of you might not know that purchasing a house in Singapore would cost you a bomb. Here’s an example. This triple story house cost my uncle over 1 million. With that amount of money, you could actually afford a bungalow of about the combination of three of those houses.

Raffles city was first place we visited after landing in Singapore. Of course, a must-have in Raffles city is a hotel – Raffles Hotel.   

Maybe Raffles City is an attraction site for tourists from all around the globe, Raffles Hotel itself has many shops! So after strolling around the whole hotel, off we went to C.H.I.J.M.E.S! According to my father, this place was actually a Methodist school. Because it was built in the middle of the bustling city, it now has moved to another location, but the building still stands tall and has yet to be bulldozed to ground.

As you can see, this once “holy” ground is now surrounded by bars, restaurants, and night clubs. It is apparent that the world is not only spinning fast but also modernizing progressively as western thoughts bombard every corner of the planet, making none exclusive. But, we must not forget our religions and of course, our roots and respective traditions.

Next off, to Suntec City for some shopping frenzy. Later that night, I met up with my aunt from my mother’s side for dinner. She brought along her daughter and trust me, she’s both pretty and cute.

You can see the Eye of Singapore at the top left corner of the picture. Never bothered to have a try because it’s moving as slow as a dying snail. It’s meant for photographers than tourists I think.

Busy Traffic versus No Traffic!

Hold on for a second will you? Am I on drugs or something? I’m seeing things. Hope I have one of those.

Err.. Any idea what’s the name of this shopping mall?

 

Went to ToastBox for some snacks on our own expense. Happy to have something to eat!

Met up with my “Rich and Famous” aunt here and dined at a Chinese restaurant.

My aunt and her daughter! Didn’t I already mention that she’s adorable?

Yes, we took the Mass Rapid Transit, collectively known as MRT back to Bukit Batok for a transit back to Toh Tuck Road by bus. A little misfortune we met. Not that it’s something big that endangered our lives. A silly mistake it was that we had made. We took the South-West route instead of the East-West one. So, we ended up having a 50 minutes train ride where it could have only been a brief 10 to 20 minutes ride. Mistakes made, lesson learned, and never shall we repeat it once more.

The multiple bus stands and efficient service made me green with envy. Why can’t Malaysia adopt Singapore’s public transport system? Our useless bus service only do more harm than good. You can see buses stopping by places where there’s no indication of any sort, which shows that it’s a proper bus stop. Stop crapping and start showing some results ministers! Anyway, we waited for the bus heading for Marina Centre. The bus driver was actually punctual, unlike Malaysia’s.

*******************************

The third day in Singapore was another fine day to get out of the house, have a good stretch, and start shopping! We bade goodbyes to my uncle, aunt and my grandmother, went round the house to the bus stop behind, and got up bus 77 to Orchard Road to meet up with my other aunt. Yes, by far, I think Orchard Road is the signature road of Singapore, no?

Alighting the bus which halted in front of Tangs, I can see both tourists and Singaporeans walking up and down the street, holding bags of goods they purchased from the shopping complexes built along the long stretch of Orchard Road. Some with DSLR cameras hanging around their neck. (=

Went to OG, Paragon, and whatever that’s there. Missed out Takayama though.

Lunch Time at Island Cafe! Good food.

Shop, shop, shop, till you drop! Shopped for anything especially shoes. My mom was desperate to find one because hers had caused great discomfort to her feet.

And saw some funny stuff..

Err.. What so funny? Let me make it funny for you. This is what happens when a fat lady wears high heels! Hahaha.

Apparently, not all Singaporeans know Bahasa Melayu! “Bras Basah Road?” which in English is “Wet Bras Road?” “Hey lady, your bra is wet! Please head to Bras Basah Road, thank you.”

Snacking at Deli France before dinner! The mocha was nice!

After dinner, we went to Plaza Singapura foraging for shoes, heels, flip-flops, or whatever that would make my mother’s feet better.

Now this is really happening. Here’s where all the young Singaporeans love to hang out, not Orchard Road. That’s old school!

Cool! Penang in Singapore! What’s next? Langkawi?

 

While waiting at the bus stop, I got real bored.

This is the card we used! It’s something like a Touch N’ Go card.

This board actually tells you what are the buses stopping at the bus stand and it even specifies the time of arrival! What a system.

*****************************

Fourth day in Singapore, I had lunch with my uncle and family. We then headed off to Henderson Waves, a bridge that stands 76.38 meters above sea level!

Views from above!

******************************

Nothing much happened on the last day itself. But I saw this real Babi shop name!

Banned in Malaysia!

Went to the Airport for some Swensen’s before boarding the plane.

My Delicious Rib Eye Steak!

0 comments:

top