Loading...

American Idol Season 8

Many people out there might not agree with me, but I think that this season’s American Idol winner – Kris Allen had gotten himself the most undeserving win ever in the whole long list of American Idol history.

I’m very well aware that I might already have started a huge dispute/commotion over here with this disagreement of mine over Kris Allen’s win, but I apologize in advance for having to do so in order to bring out all the dissatisfaction in me.

It’s no doubt that Simon Fuller had made great efforts in making American Idol a success. His efforts ranges from the discovery of many singing talents among the Americans to the execution of ‘Idol Gives Back’ that came to the aid of the people of Africa with its charitable endeavors. However, I think all efforts showed futile and in vain when the decision of America upon the American Idol of season 8 and the Idol of some of its previous seasons had brought much disgrace to the program itself.

Americans have been making inexpiable mistakes for the past few seasons when it comes to choosing the next American Idol. This statement could be very provoking but the truth could never be veiled forever. Please first note that what I’m about to say here is of my personal opinion and it might not be entirely true. 

First season winner – Kelly Clarkson has been doing well ever since her first debut under the RCA records after her win. She has been winning awards and her albums have been selling like hot cakes worldwide, making her the highest selling Idol winner. Great decision made there, America.

As for the second season winner – Ruben Studdard, is obviously not as successful as Clay Aiken – the runner-up of the season although Studdard’s win had raised his fame to peak. Not only did Clay Aiken released albums of his own, he even authored a New York Times best-selling book “Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life” with Allison Glock, has been a frequent talk show guest on “The Tonight Show” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” appeared as a guest star on “Scrubs,” created the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, and many more.

I’m not very sure about the 3rd season but what I do know is that I hardly hear Fantasia’s music airing on any radio stations. Sad to say, the only song I have of hers is the one she sang during the competition – “I Believe.”

4th season winner – Carrie Underwood is another great choice made by America. She has been frequently invited as a guest singer at American Idol and even participated in the recent humanitarian trip to Africa under the “Idol Gives Back” program, making that her 2nd visit to Africa. You can always access to her Official Site to find out more about her, and I bet you that it wouldn’t be a regretful thing to do.

Season 5 was the worst season ever with Taylor Hicks ascending the throne rather than Katherine McPhee. Hicks’ wackiness might have won him the Idol but his singing talent obviously failed him in his debut album. Needless to say, Chris Daughtry who was being eliminated before the TOP 3 is doing way way better than Hicks’.

Season 6 was okay because the top 3 were all bombs, especially Melinda Doolittle but I think she wasn’t given enough credit for her talents were not appreciated well enough. The Davids from season 7 were equally good as well and there was not much to rant about here.

And now, I’m very dissatisfied about the results of season 8. Adam Lambert, although he’s thought to be gay or maybe he is, is obviously a professional singer with a crazily wide range and an innate talent in singing. He showed great ability in controlling his voice when he sang slow songs and originality when he arranged songs to fit perfectly for his insane range and vocals. He never fails to receive compliments and positive feedbacks from the judges ever since the start of the season. He’s born to sing and hence, deserves the throne much more than Kris Allen does although you wouldn’t want someone screaming in your radio.

Comparing Kris Allen to Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert, Kris’s practically nothing without his cutie looks and guitar. He should try America’s Got Talent instead. Danny has great vocal skills and was praised by Simon Cowell, Adam received a standing ovation from Simon Cowell and it was my first time seeing such feedback, and how about Kris? *wonders*

Remember the third performance of both Adam and Kris in the finale? I admit that Kris’s voice suited the song more than Adam’s but did you see how Kris struggled to reach the high note? The judges wouldn’t even bother to comment Kris based on his performance because it was way too pitchy and sucky! Admit that.

I admit that Kris Allen has improved a lot ever since the start of the season and he had strived hard to become who he is right now. But to me, he’s still not good enough to be the American Idol of Season 8. I think he won most of his votes from teenage girls who think he is cute rather than votes from people who think he could sing.

Well, I always believe that American Idol is a singing competition – choose the greatest singer rather than a competition of everything else except singing – choose the cutest guy/choose the hottest bachelor/choose the sexiest look. I’m sick of seeing that actually. Judge based on talents, will you? Our very own Daniel is not any better than that. If Malaysia were to send Daniel for an International singing competition, I don’t think he would even qualify to participate in it.

Disclaimer: I admit that I’m not a very good singer but because I was once involved in the music industry, I know how a good music sounds like and how a good singer sings. That was my own opinion and it’s open to criticism of all sorts. I apologize if I offended you but I was just disclosing the truth that everyone has been hiding from. Stop living in denial! Maybe I am the one who’s been living in denial because the fact is, this is a world of biasness.

Photo Credits: American Idol Official Site ; Reference: Wikipedia.

0 comments:

top