Loading...

Busy Saturday!

Yesterday was no ordinary day. I broke my weekly routine of waking up at noon on Saturdays. As I struggled to crawl out of bed, I gave my body a long stretch. And hell yes, I could feel the stiffness running down my neck right through the  entire length of my spine. I think it could shatter like a hollow-dried-up bone if I were to give it a slight twist.

As I gradually sat myself up on that soft and warm bed of mine, I felt like falling right back onto bed. With perseverance, I resisted the lethargy. However, battling against the fatigue in me was not the only reason that was holding me back from dozing off. The fear of being late and having my mom to go all ballistic, yelling and screaming at me early in the morning kept me wide awake. In fact, that powerful reason sped me up. I was prepared and ready to go within 15 minutes. Impressive.

Hopped into the car and off we went to Pudu. My mom’s old friend/my sister’s godfather who is from JB came all the way here for a few reasons. First, of course he’s here to pay us a visit. Second, to see his god-daughter/my sister. Third, he bought my sister a new cell phone – 5130 Xpress Music. Arriving at Pudu, I couldn’t help but reminisce about the day I went to Genting with my college mates. It was indeed a joyful day that it had made itself an indelible mark in my mind.

Anyway, we picked him up and went to Megamall/Mid-Valley for lunch. Thank God we made it there early because the traffic was building up and swelling at the time we were going back, which was at around 3. There obviously weren’t enough parking lots both in Megamall and The Gardens for those desperate shoppers yesterday! And I thought Malaysia and the whole globe are experiencing economic downturn. I just realized I was so wrong.

However, the highlight of the day was Han Quan’s surprise birthday party at Rakuzen, which his awesome girlfriend – Wei Guan had previously planned for him. The point is, I didn’t expect myself to be able to join them. I thought I was going to miss all the fun until Li Foong’s message came in at around 9, saying that they just started eating. Because of that, I decided to blend into the group at SS15. Met up with many unfortunate incidents before arriving safely at Rakuzen.

Unfortunate incidents : -

  • Missed the junction connected to Subang Jaya.
  • Decided to make a U-turn in Sunway, but missed the turning.
  • Having a tough time coming out of the parking lot beside the toll.
  • Paid RM 3.20 for the most ridiculously expensive U-turn.
  • Arrived at SS15 but couldn’t find SS15/5A but /3B,/4A/4G instead.
  • Went to the row of shops beside SJMC, which I later found out it’s SS12.
  • Made hell lots of calls to Wei Guan and Li Foong asking for the exact location of the shop. Sorry for disturbing.
  • What made me burnt with anger is that the restaurant is actually at SS15/3B instead of SS15/5A. Hell!

Went into Rakuzen through the most foolishly designed entrance door ever, I was greeted warmly by the waiters and waitresses. I turned my head 360 degrees, trying my best to spot some familiar faces but failed. Climbing up the staircase, I could already hear Wei Guan’s voice echoing around the 1st floor! And yes, I was then confident that they were there. *I’m not implying that you are loud, Wei Guan. It’s just that you have a sharp and clear voice. (=* A huge group indeed with a total of 20 people! I admit I made a grand entrance there. Frankly speaking, sitting down at the far right of the row wasn’t any good experience at all. I felt quite sesat to be honest.

I had my dinner before going. So I was down to sipping some green tea from Wei Hoong’s cup, picking up a few green peas to munch, and eating one part of the “Fish Ice-Cream.” When the bill arrived at our table, the amount was stunning. I didn’t pay anything of course, but I heard that some had to pay extra just to make up the total and one of them was the birthday boy himself. Absurd. Some cheeky fellow escaped without paying I guess.

So we were all at the entrance when Wei Guan suggested that we take a group picture and a group picture we took. 

While others were having a tough time deciding where to go next, we camwhored instead!

Ultimate decision – to Han Quan’s castle-like house for a short chill-out! Had my first bite of Wei Guan’s homemade chocolate cake! I didn’t think it’s dry but tasty! Yum yum~ But please take note that my opinion is not reliable because I don’t really eat cakes =)

Then here comes the real fun! We divided ourselves into 2 groups – group 1 (Ming Ken, Yew Jin, Han Quan, Li Foong) played mahjong, group 2 ( Wei Hoong, Zhong Ken, Wei Guan, Sean) played Chor Dai Dee! Wohoo~!

I wanted to play mahjong so much but Wei Guan was too much for self-proclaiming herself to be the Queen of Chor Dai Dee =P So I told her I’m the King of CDD and a cold war broke out instantaneously between us. Of course, the King wins right? But her skills were great too, she just lacked a little luck! So, she’s the Queen and I’m the King! =)

Happy Birthday, Han Quan!

Want to take a look of the night from another perspective? Go to Li Foong’s blog!

0 comments:

top