Loading...

An Indelible Dream

It was during a round-table chat when a girl named S raised up her tiny palm and swore. She swore to go against all odds and would go all out to care for me even when the whole universe is against us. Her sincere promise touched the deepest corner of my heart. 

I made a hasty decision to give S a shot, not wanting to disappoint her. However, this step taken was a definite mistake. My growing affection towards C gave my heart inexorable stabs, having to think that this move to patch up with S might hurt C’s feeling if she finds out.

Fortunately enough, this incident fell directly on the day where C has no class, Monday. Before anything could go any further, I decided to draw a clear line between me and S. This well-thought decision to put a halt to the relationship between me and S happened on the very same day we got together and dated, Monday.

However, this rather cruel move that would be heart-breaking for S hinders me from making my first move to set a barrier between us. In addition, the thinking of E breaking up with his girlfriend in less than a day made up my mind to give S an additional day with me.

Coincidently, C came all the way to college that day for some event that was to be held in the afternoon. Having lunch together with C and S, I was literally shivering inside, hoping desperately that S would not disclose our newly bonded relationship. She didn’t.

Later, S and I met up with J, who was S’s ex-boyfriend. J managed to grab some time off with me and we chatted. In his extremely low husky tone, I sensed some hatred. I tried to talk him out of it but could not. The thought of S breaking up with him just for me couldn’t stop bothering him. I gave up.

After all the drama with J, S and I was out dating in a shopping mall. S was enjoying and savoring every moment when we were together. Me, on the other hand, couldn’t get C out of my mind. My heart was thumping on my lungs every single second I was with S, it was as though I have committed adultery. In fact, I have not even gone into any kind of special relationship with C.

Before the day came to an end, the pressure on me was so tremendous that I was almost being squashed into a unicellular organism. Couldn’t take it no more, I turned to S. Instead of giving her a goodbye kiss, I proposed a break up. Our relationship ended in front of S’s house that day. S broke down into tears and I was drenched in guilt, watching her tear.

Lesson Learnt :

  1. Never rush into any relationships because it might hurt someone. 
  2. Appreciate what you’ve got and not to demand for more.
  3. Love C more. (:

0 comments:

top