Loading...

Love Is A 4-Letter Word

What just happened was supposed to make me feel better and a sense of relief but I’m feeling otherwise. I was expecting smiles but what I got was a face of disgust. I didn’t really got slapped by negative expressions but I can feel that my action wasn’t welcomed. I thought I was doing the right thing but the act made me feel as though I was an irresponsible person. Whatever it was, I finally did what I was supposed to do weeks ago.

After alighting the car, double-parked at the side of the road, I marched straight into the Taman Megah pet shop. Maybe it was the right day to buy pets, the shop was crowded with enthusiastic families and couples, looking through the transparent cages, hoping to find the right pet from themselves.

Grudgingly, I climbed up the steep stairs to reach the 1st floor where white mice were being displayed. Holding tightly onto the paper bag, I walked up straight to a worker who was arranging the packets of pet food on the shelf. It was a multi-colored mooncake paper bag I was holding and maybe that attracted the attention of the workers? *shrugs* Before I was even given a chance to explain my next move, the workers swarmed round me and started peering into the bag.

“Saves my time,” I thought. So I spilt it all out from the very day I bought the mouse, to the day I used them as “guinea pigs,” till now where I finally realized I couldn’t afford anymore to take out time from my “hectic” timetable to attend to their hunger and thirst. Then for a moment, I experienced a pin-drop-silence situation, which was way too awkward to stand. And having so many pairs of eyes staring back at you wasn’t anything nice at all, what’s more, they were all pet lovers.

I was then bombarded with questions and comments - “Have you lost interest in them?”, “They are so skinny and timid.” - that really made me feel as though I had turned into some cold-hearted and irresponsible monster. As you know, those mice were my first pet ever since I was born to this earth. Although it felt great playing with those mice, but I find it really troublesome to keep something alive while I’m actually struggling to sustain mine. Maybe they were right that my interest wasn’t really there at all. Sorry.

Anyway, I think I did the right thing by returning those mice to them. I hereby hope the best for my mice and I’m really happy for they now have a better owner than they previously had.

**************************************

On a different note, I have a little announcement to make : I might be going on a short hiatus. The occasion : Streamyx/TMnet screwed up my line due to some managing problems and they need to cut off my Internet for a few days in order to get everything into place. Hopefully this repairing progress won’t take up too much time.

0 comments:

top