Loading...

* Thriller (Must Read!)

I was having this exciting, heart-pumping dream *seriously, the dream was like a thriller* in the morning. I was all set to depart from home, locking up everything and out of a sudden, I heard some screeching sound propagating from the back of my house. Out of curiosity, I peered into the house through the wooden window. At one glance, I saw a dark shadow imprinted on the tilt-turn window at the backyard. I was freaked out because the shadow showed a man with tools in his hand tip-toeing in a slouching posture (yes, just like what you would have seen in a classic cartoon). Obviously, he’s a thief.

Swiftly, I reached out for my handphone deep down in my right pocket. *Darn* It was not there. Recalling back, I left it on the dining table beside my laptop! I started to panic and fortunately, my neighbor was out in the porch, breathing in the fresh air of the night. I ran towards the fencing, sweat trickling down my forehead, I told them that there was a guy prowling in the grounds of my backyard. Without any hesitation and their consent, I climbed over the concrete fencing that combines both houses and asked if i could use their house phone to alert the police.

They gave me a blank stare, as if I was telling a joke. “It wasn’t April Fool, folks!” I shouted in my inner self. Couldn’t care less, I barged into their house and searched for the phone. Dialed 999 and waited super long for someone from the other side to pick it up! All efforts of mine proved futile after multiple attempts. I gave up and I swear there was a burning hatred towards the efficiency of Malaysia’s police in me at that moment. I wanted to protect my home from being invaded by unscrupulous people but there’s nothing I could do but panic.

It was a dream and that anything could happen. I climbed back over to my house, ran to the wooden door, unlocked everything and went back inside! It was truly an adventure for me. I managed to grab my phone before they prized open the back grill. I could have just escaped from the once home-sweet-home of mine but I didn’t. Instead, I ran up the wooden stairs to the second floor, making every single piece of wood squeaked as I go.

Hid myself before the towels, I started dialing 999 once again, hoping that the police would pick it up this time. While I focus on the sounds from the phone, I stared at the piece of mirror hanging on the wall of the staircase, understanding the situation below. I was almost at the end of my tether when finally, I heard a familiar notification from the other side of the phone, but I couldn’t speak. Because through the mirror, up came a man all dressed up in black suit. I froze…

At this very moment, someone called me and the song “Miss Independent” by Ne-Yo echoed instantaneously round the partially empty house. The unexpected call jolted me severely into action! I answered the call to stop all that’s causing the great noise and that blew off my cover and found out that Jeremy’s the one calling. Yes, you Jeremy CHOY! You spoiled my WONDERFUL DREAM!!!

p/s : Dear Readers, don’t blame me for bringing you right to the climax of my dream and hitting you right back into the deepest pit. I could continue this story if I have a great ending in mind. If not, I’ll just stop right here. Or you could share your thoughts with me, so that this dream could go on. (= Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

top