Loading...

Surprise Treat

It’s the time again where we turn into nocturnal animals, staying up till late at night and reluctant to get our asses out of bed although the scorching sun is already half way through its journey to the west.

Disclaimer: Of course, I don’t intend to stereotype here.

This morning, just like all other mornings, I muted the alarm the second it started ringing and went straight back to sleep. I even dreamt about myself waking up at 5 in the evening. I ended up waking at 2, and missed my lunch! Descending the wooden stairs, I felt so restless and wondered, how am I going to spend the first day of my semester break.

Sat down in front of my computer and here I go again. Changing blogskins, blogging, MSN. You tell me! What other things can I do other than this? But who knows, something BIG awaits me. It was 4.15 pm, 2 hours after I had awaken, I was told to get myself prepared because my dad is treating me Japanese buffet at StarHill! Yup, Jogoya it is!

I’m sure many of you have definitely heard of Jogoya. The name had left indelible marks on our mind because it was once the gossips of everyone in the streets KL and PJ. The great promotion it offered and the food it served were so appealing that throngs of people “fought” among themselves to get a reservation. People were and are so willing to get in the long queue just for the sake of getting a first hand experience dining in that restaurant. Reservations were so hard to get and had to be made in advance that if you were able to book a table, people ENVY you.

Getting a parking spot in KL is difficult because of the limited space and driving an MPV up the parking lot is almost impossible. The lanes are so narrow that I think an anorexic person would encounter difficulty when walking through it. Finally we managed to find a space near the top of the building. The '”Pamper” zone. It’s a wonder who came up with all the funny names. Muse, Relish, Pamper, Explore, Adorn, Indulge, Pear, Lime, Kiwi, Olive, what do those names imply actually? *shrugs*

Upon reaching the entrance to the restaurant, all I could see were people lining up in zig-zag. The wait was long because their administration wasn’t efficient at all. We had this man who was in his mid-50s queuing in line just like others behind me and my dad. That man brought along his daughter and sons, who were all nicely dressed up. We thought he had a reservation just like anyone else but when it was his turn, I couldn’t help but overhear him talking to the receptionist.

Yes, he was a walk-in customer and due to reservations, there was not a single table left for him and his youngs. Within seconds, he was in a great dispute and commotion with the receptionist, arguing over the matter for not having to inform him about the bookings, causing him to waste his time waiting in line for so long and later telling him that he’s not going to get a table. It’s bad eavesdropping. I could see that he tried his best to get a table for his children so as not to disappoint them.

Unfortunately, the receptionist insist that they would only attend first to customers with reservations. Unless there’s a last minute cancellation, only he would be able to dine in. So, people out there who don’t know about this, please do make a reservation if you plan to dine in at Jogoya, or you’ll end up like the man here.

Getting into the restaurant, one might feel overwhelmed by the number of diners and the amount of food served. However, after circling around, I later found out that there were not much food. I ended up eating Unagi, Salmon and other raw fish, dozens of Salmon and Unagi rolls, raw oyster, and some other miscellaneous food for my main course. Drinks? I drank 6 of the sweet coconut. Desert? Nothing could be compared with the delectable Hagen Daz ice-cream! Yummy. To sum it all up, my stomach was like an aquarium after the buffet.

                            

After 2 hours plus of inexorable eating, I could barely walk. Just kidding. After gallivanting around Pavilion for a moment, we headed back home with a filling stomach.

p/s: Jogoya is not a worth eat because the food choice is limited. It’s okay to try it though. 

!!!

0 comments:

top