Loading...

Keeping To The Tradition

Wei Guan It was last Saturday when I received a message from my dearly friend, Wei Guan. I was extremely thrilled upon receiving that message because we are going out to YumCha again! In a quick glimpse, a month just flew right through without us noticing it. And yes, we were all dumb-founded to know that the last time we hang out was already one month ago. Wow.

But I was not all hyped up then because I was busy preparing for the coming finals. The whole finals thing just blew up my bubbles. I’m glad the plan went on smoothly. This time, we went to “My Kitchen” in Aman Suria for some chicken rice balls! The food was … okay, not too bad but not too good. And the only apparent reasons for not having any customers except us tonight was because the place was quite secluded? Seeing that the food was moderate.

After returning home from college at 7, I rested for awhile before departing from home at 7.30. Dropping my sister off EduSmart, I went straight to Kelana Jaya LRT station to pick Wei Hoong, Sam and Li Foong up. Okay, I’m speaking as though I’m the one driving. FYI, my father’s the one driving. They just came back from college and as usual, Wei Hoong and Sam were all dressed up in formal suits, making us all feel underdressed.

Then, we headed off to Aman Suria. Upon reaching, we were looking left and right, not for the shop but for a bakery. We decided to buy a birthday cake for Wei Guan so that we could celebrate her birthday, which is 2 days later on the 27th of April!

Li Foong, Sam, and Wei Hoong were planning to give Wei Guan a BIG BIG surprise by hiding the cake in my car because they thought I was driving. Haha. Sorry for letting you guys down. The cake ended up being hidden in Han Quan’s car. Not much of a difference there. And I was tricked by Wei Hoong’s cunning move when he pretended to receive a call from someone “personal” so that he could get out of the shop and take the cake from Han Quan’s car after we finished our dinner. Drama King~

Wei Hoong mysteriously walked out of the shop with his phone in his hand and warned us not to eavesdrop on him. To me, that was a brilliant move because I was caught right in his trap. I wonder if Wei Guan saw through his motives.

Anyway, the cake with lighted candles was brought in to the shop. Haha. It was too windy that the candles were all blown out before Han Quan managed to present it to Wei Guan.  Dear Wei Guan was so surprised and embarrassed that she looked away from the cake. So I believe she missed out that moment. Smart waitress switched off the fan for us and Han Quan lit the candles back.

However, we still had to protect the candles because it was windy outside and the wind was gushing in like crazy. We sang a birthday song for Wei Guan and all you could see were the smiles carved on her lovely face. Sweet moment. It was not that embarrassing after all because we were the only ones in the shop.

After Wei Guan blew out all the candles, here comes the moment of truth. We forced her to pluck out all the candles with her mouth. She was fortunate as we did not push the candles right to the bottom. So it was easy task for her but for the last candle, Wei Hoong pushed it all down. She was all chocolaty after pulling it out! Enjoyable moment! And yes, we bought her a chocolate cake. And that’s the end of our YumCha! Hope to see you guys soon.

We took quite a lot of the same picture to get a perfect one! Haha!

0 comments:

top