Loading...

“Wonderful” start for a day

After lighting up the oil lamps for a few days, reluctant to get up even when sun shone through the windows, bringing excruciating heat onto my face, I finally broke the daily routine of my holiday life.

I amazingly went to sleep before the clock stroke two and woke up before the roosters crow. Took a chilly bath and wore the boring outfit I always wear to college. After a brief clean-up, I depart for HELP.

Arrived at Damansara twenty minutes earlier and I didn’t even bother to go to KPD E. Went straight up to level 9 via the elevator in Wisma HELP, barged into the room of LH9.3, took the first seat on the third row* and sat down.

The grave silence in the room was eerie, but something kept me accompanied, my NOKIA N73 handphone. Opened a new note, wrote down all my emotions and thoughts in it while waiting for someone to appear at the door.

Slowly, everybody arrived. The arrival of Mid-Hat, especially, took the spotlight as he broke the silence with a LOUD “HELLO.” I almost fell out from the wooden chair I’m sitting on. He was so hyped up on the first day itself that as if there were worms in his buttocks (Couldn’t get himself seated properly).

Then, finally came Ms Rani with her laptop bags hanging from her shoulder and with a packet of take-away drink in her hand. After everything was set up without much complications, the class started.

15 minutes of lecture coerced my slightly rusted mind to work and then there was an instant power failure. The whole room blacked out but fortunately, there were lights in the room, thanks to the two pathetic dim lights that were running by batteries and the sunlight that managed to shine through the blinds.

Only few minutes later that we got an announcement noticing us that the whole Damansara area was actually affected. Couldn’t be bothered, Ms Rani continued her lecture, which I find the obscured formulae of Calculus III even harder to comprehend.

An hour of lecturing without lights and air-conditioning was torturing to the core as if hell is on earth itself. The suffering ended right after my inner self started to grumble and complain about this “catastrophe.” The lights came back as though Jesus just said, “Let there be light!” I was instantly glad that I wasn’t born to the primeval world.

Came back home to study World Religion for next Friday’s quiz although I was extremely exhausted after attending 5 and a half hours straight of classes.

I had to get myself prepared or I’ll be screwed up nicely next Friday because the quiz is going to cover 5 chapters of absurdly interesting pieces of information that sums up to a total of 211 pages. And besides that, Calculus III quiz is going to be held on the same day. Well, wish me luck and hope I don’t die of over-studying (touchwood).

After struggling hard to catch up with that incredibly fast time, I managed to finish only “ONE” chapter of the 5. Pathetic me.

Before signing off, here’s a picture specially taken down for you!

IMG_5854

Well, the “S” on the scarf obviously means “Stitch,” but if you interpret it from a different angle, it means “Smile” always.

Take my word for it, appreciate your life before someone gain control of it.

Signing off as -

Lonely Sean :)

0 comments:

top