Loading...

Awkward Silence

My whole anatomy is now numbed with nothing but tiredness. I can’t believe I stood the whole Saturday away and am going to do just the same for Sunday. Dear Christians, please put me in your prayer list, pray for I could live through tomorrow.

Yesterday evening, I attended a briefing in Jaya One for the upcoming DiGi Campus Roadshow as I was chosen to be one of their ambassadors! Yay!

We were asked to be punctual because it’s supposed to be a pivotal meeting, so I arrived 15 minutes earlier and thought it was a good idea to make a wonderful impression on my fellow “colleagues” and “team leaders.”  There were a handful of highly-spirited people in the room when I entered. Ignoring them totally, I grabbed a seat at the front and was handed 2 MYC! magazines to kill boredom.

Flipping through the page as slow as I could, knowing that I would have to wait for quite some time, I tried to admire the layout of every page. It turned out that I wasn’t slow enough or those people weren’t punctual enough! I literally had to stone after glancing through those magazines, because there were nothing else to do in that 16 feet by 10 feet teeny room.

I started rolling my eyeballs around, trying hard not to move my head too much, taking in as much as I could about the room’s condition. There were 2 long tables in front of me, one with a 45 inch LCD TV on it, and the other with a Dell laptop connected to the TV via cables. The table with the laptop was in a terrible mess. Stationeries were laying around, empty projector bags laid unzipped, and there were stacks of papers scattered around. To the left of the LCD TV was a double-sided whiteboard with words written in black ink. The wall behind those 2 tables was wallpapered with scenery of cloudy sky, in which there’s a hot-air balloon floating on the right. I didn’t care much about the back of the room.

After waiting for almost an hour, those people finally arrived, bad examples. We were briefed about the DiGi packages, the target we have to meet to get our commission, the rules and regulations, Dos and Don’ts and they reiterated. Gosh, they nagged worse than mommas, super long-winded. Then we surrendered our ICs to get it photocopied and signed the contract. And here we go again, the nagging continued for a little while more before the meeting was adjourned. Did I mention that we were all given notes about the new DiGi campus package to study? It’s worse than an exam, I haven’t even started.

To be Continued…

0 comments:

top