Loading...

A Token Of Appreciation

Hiatus Before I start on my life “dissertation,” I would like to first apologize for the short hiatus. I had only stopped blogging for 4 days and many were bugging me for updates! From Nuffnang, I found out that regular readers start turning their shoulders on me when I went inactive for only a few days. It’s actually hard to maintain a certain traffic to your blog unless you are a truly insane blogger-holic, just as what Edwin was few months ago. I’ll try to update as often as possible but no guarantees are to be made here.

What’s the occasion for the hiatus? I was so desperate to blog about my Saturday outing a few days ago but the tremendous fatigue I was suffering from, hampered my desire. And at that moment, it was almost reaching the end of the month. Seeing that I already have 20 posts for May itself, I decided to save this post for JUNE! =) On top of that, I was also busy preparing for the first Linear Algebra quiz of the Summer semester, which was held today. In short, the hiatus was actually intended.

**********************

Last night, I had this pre-conceived notion that this day would be a fine one. 5 hours before the breaking of dawn, I received an unpredictable message from a friend. It really made my day. The message says, “Yi Hui? Thanks for everything. You’ll always be my best friend whom I can tell anything and everything :)”

People make friends throughout their life. Some value friends as gold, some put friends on hold when they are out of troubles. Some make throngs of friends while others only have a few. However, I always believe that quality would always win over quantity. You might be surrounded by people of whom you suppose to be your friends, but in fact, you’ll be surprise for they might be mingling around with you for personal gains or some other reasons that are hidden from your very eyes. What you really need is true friends who are willing to share laughter and sorrow with you, accompany you through thick and thin, and  friends that could be trusted in and relied upon.

It’s undoubtedly hard to find friends like that nowadays but it’s not a totally impossible thing to do. Once you have found yourself one, please be sure that you appreciate it very well because these friendships are hard to come by.

Linear Algebra was giving me a heavy migraine while I was revising away. Just as my eyelid was starting to fail on me, I received this unexpected message that kept me wide awake for the next 3 hours. Upon reading it, I paused all the Matrix-Solving thingy and reminisced about our 3 and a half years of friendship.

I got all nostalgic thinking back the days when I first met her. It was during Form 3 when we happened to be in the same class but weren’t close, in fact, I didn’t really want to be her friend because of some *cough cough* incidents. Her “obscenity” acts with her friends, vulgarities that must not be mentioned, and her rebellious attitude were turn-offs for me. But who would have expected that we would be close friends now?

As though fate had decided upon us, we were once again in the same class for the last 2 years of our secondary schooling life. We got off the wrong foot as expected. She’s a critical person that would go all out to mark her standpoint in people’s mind, forcefully or otherwise. I, on the other hand, just loved to travel in the opposite direction and argue my way out of hers. Cold war, cold war. I actually find it fun to see her anger flaring up, while obviously that pissed her off alright. Our arguments often reached a state where the both of us were literally trembling with anger.

Judging from a positive perspective, it’s actually a good idea to have some altercations to brighten up the mundane  school life. Anyway, our friendship grew from the debates we had between us. Ahh~ How much I missed the days. I’m glad to have such friends like you too and I hope this friendship would last till forever. I’m never good at expressing my thoughts, but I know you get what I mean. =)

0 comments:

top