Loading...

The Second Day

I have been sleeping in a non-air-conditioned room for days now in response to Earth Hour. I believe the sacrifices I have made so far and would be making in the future would be able to help heal the world. The truth is, my beloved air-conditioner broke down and no one’s calling the repair man. So, I was stuck to using the ceiling fan and a stand fan, which are both switched on to a fan speed of 3.

This morning, I woke up to a cloudy morning. I felt like falling back to sleep but my 8 o’clock class prevented me from doing so. Which I later grudgingly get out of bed. As I walked down the street, I smelt a scent of gloominess.

Indeed. Arriving at college, the faces I encountered weren’t of any bit chirpy. Maybe it’s the upcoming finals that’s giving everyone so much pressure. I bet all ADP students would agree with me that the course assessments are inhuman. A-levels, B-Psych students always get a week or two off before finals as their study breaks.

ADP students on the other hand, not only do not have study breaks but we are often tortured with extra assignments, quizzes and presentations right before our finals. Those “obstacles” came at the right moment that it’s as though the lecturers did that on purpose to keep us preoccupied so that there wouldn’t be any time spared for us to prepare for our finals. Which means, they want us to fail our papers.

It has been hours since I started waiting. I have always told myself that waiting is a bliss in disguise. It truly is when you think of it from a different perspective. I loitered about after my class, which ended shortly before 10. Had lunch with my sister and played cards with my friends. Tinesh even founded some interesting rule for the Big2.5 game. Awesome.

It was drizzling and I hate it when it drizzles. Those annoying little rain drops just keep falling on my head! Why don’t You just pour it all down at one go? I stared at a puddle of water and watched every single rain drop as they fell. I was waiting yet again. The rain wouldn’t stop then, as though it was trying to wash my hope and faith away. But I persevered.

1 and a half hour later, my dad finally arrived.

 CONFUSED, Sean

 

******

It says: “You are a sensitive individual and enjoy the closeness of a romantic relationship. Although you would prefer not to be apart, you have the sensibility and strength of will to survive a long-distance romance until the time came that you could live in the same city.” – Could You Survive A Long-Distance Love Affair?

0 comments:

top