Loading...

Angels In The Making

A gloomy Friday it was after the sun vanished below the horizon. A day without college flashed pass me. I went through my daily routine and sat still in front of the computer. I was stoning so much that I actually made Statue of Liberty seem more lively than me. As I stared blankly at the brightly lit monitor, my mind wandered off into a world of fantasy, hoping that no one and nothing would bring me back into the arid reality.

As darkness loomed over the blue void above, boredom piled up higher on my shoulders. Just as I was about to be flatten into an edible piece of human pancake, a briefly planned outing acted as a forklift, lifting up the unbearable weight off my shoulders. Although it was a last-minute plan, but all of us unanimously agreed to it. I believe 3 of us best friends were looking forward to the Saturday outing as we have not seen each other for over a month or more.

After meeting Michelle up at Kelana Jaya Lrt station, we walked to the other side of the highway via the pedestrian bridge for a free shuttle service to The Curve. We were so caught up in our interesting life stories that the bus arrived at the bus stand after waiting for what it felt like merely a few seconds. Because we have so much catching up to do, the supposedly 10-15 minutes bus ride was tremendously curtailed. Besides story telling, we managed to spare some time for picture-taking while the bus “galloped” away on the uneven tar road.

We decided to hit the cinema that day, which is the 3rd day of the release of Terminator Salvation, so off we went to CineLeisure to get ourselves 3 tickets. It was almost noon then, which explains why the queue wasn’t long. We gallivanted about a little while we were heading to TESCO for some pizzas before the 2 o’clock movie. Guess what I did? I was trying out shades and aviators, which I have no interest in purchasing any of it at all.

At Pizza Hut, the service was a 1 out of 10 rating. Michelle suggested that we wait at the entrance for the waiters and waitresses to attend to us. However, I realized that we just made a huge mistake by waiting when no one actually came to our service. There weren’t many diners during that hour and some waiters/waitresses were literally standing there, not doing anything at all. All flared up, Michelle stomped into the restaurant, pulled out a chair and sat down. We followed.

All was well moments later until it was my turn to get real pissed. After we were done with our food, I waved at a waiter who was walking towards me while I asked for the bill. He just turned away and ignored the hell out of me! What an attitude!

Chuan Chuen and I went for some Foos-balling before the movie started. Haven’t been playing it for more than a year now and my moves were a little rusty. Oh well, as long as I could get the ball into the “goal,” right?

The first hour of Terminator Salvation was plain involved and down-right complex. I was trying so hard to recall the 3 previous Terminator movies so that I could relate it to this one but failed. Michelle was laughing at its complexity and I could only give her shrugs when she asked what’s happening. I just couldn’t figure out who Marcus Wright was and the whole scene where he got flung to the river below and survived the few violent flips on the water just seemed so illogical and impossible. Until later when he turned out to be semi-robotic that it accounted for all the doubts I had earlier on. Overall, the movie was okay with some exciting and boring moments. And at some scenes, it felt like I was watching Transformers because of the sophisticated robots. On a random note, I love Moto-Terminator the most. They were real cool!

We played a game of pool after the 2 hours movie before heading to Fitness First, or was it True Fitness?

Our master here wants his 3 months holiday to be put into good use by hitting the gym to increase his muscle mass and tone his muscles up. He really needed it because he’s severely underweight! He look so emaciated but you’ll be surprise by his enormous appetite.

I couldn’t believe that I soon found my tummy drumming away when we just had our lunch 4 hours ago. Seeing that we unfortunately missed the bus, we headed right up to IKEA for some ice-cream and curry puffs. Those curry puffs were so yummy that I was tempted to get myself more, but didn’t in the end. We camwhored a little but gave up after a few shots because none of us were good at it.

Then we met this cute little African kid but non-Child-Lover Michelle thought that he wasn’t adorable at the slightest bit. She ended up playing with him and acted like the mother of that child when she gently took out tissues from her handbag and started wiping the overflowed ice-cream on his hand. As clumsy as a child would be, ice-cream was all over his mouth as he merrily licked away. Since he had dark skin, the ice-cream around his lips was extra evident. A hilarious sight it was.

Nothing but cute-ness.

There goes a day. Here’s a 3 minutes video captured by me of the moments Michelle had with that African kid. Enjoy~

0 comments:

top