Loading...

Malacca - Historical City

Malacca has always been known for its chronicles. Tourists from countries around the globe came all the way to Malacca regardless of the scorching weather. A Famosa, Bukit Cina, Cheng Hoon Teng temple, and Hang Li Poh well, just to name a few are the must-visit historical sites in Malacca. No doubt Malacca is one of the main attractions of Malaysia.

Speaking of Malacca, all I can think of is hot, boring, and boring, nothing much. Can't blame me. Malacca is my father's hometown. I have been to almost all the historical places for God knows how many times already.

So, what other things are left for me to do there? Fishing? My grandmother's house is nowhere near jungles and rivers. You can imagine the heat gushing into the spacious house when someone opens the wooden door. Air conditional? You sponsor, then I get cool air. But, it's a bad idea also. She can't stand the cold much. Don't torture her.

MALACCA IS SO HOT AND BORING!

Yesterday, my family took a day trip back to Malacca to visit my grandmother. I woke up reluctantly, thinking that this trip is going to be like the previous trips - boring. Surprisingly, it's different, much different. Listen.

It started off the same with me SLEEPING throughout the whole 2 hour journey, only to find myself half awake upon reaching. Went in the house, greeted my grandmother, sat on the rattan chair and continued my sleep. The hard rattan chair could not even hinder me from having another 2 more hours of sleep until lunch time. My fatigueness could be explained by the lack of sleep during the one week of finals.

Lunch time was where the fun began. We went to the same old vegetarian restaurant and were expecting the same old dish we had the last time we came. Thank God. Someone was holding a wedding function there, so, obviously there wasn't any place for us to dine there. I was smiling only :)

Next, we headed off to another vegetarian restaurant just opposite the road. FYI: My grandmother is a vegetarian, so we have to conform to her eating habits. Anyway, the restaurant was crowded and according to the waiter, we had to wait for a long time if we were to order. No waiting! Everyone was starving! So off we go.

Went to Mahkota Parade. You might be wondering how on earth will there be a vegetarian restaurant in a shopping complex. We wondered too, but my grandmother insisted that there is one there. As we walked around, desperately finding the restaurant, we found ourselves in Le Garden Cafe minutes later.

Didn't know a cafe will offer vegetarian food. So it ended upwith my grandmother eating her vegetarian food and us eating MEAT! The most delectable meal I ever had in Malacca :) *exaggerating*


Guess what's for dessert? McDonald's Chocolate Sundae! A cup per person including my grandma. Cool! Never seen her eating ice-cream before. And she ate it fast.

Had a great time in Malacca. I love one day trips! Went back shortly after we had our ice-creams.

Tata~~

0 comments:

top