Loading...

Weather Fun!

So, yesterday I had my first class in Drake University at Aliber Hall 0006. It was Theory Of Interest, the only class I had in my schedule for the day.

It started off pretty interesting with Professor Kester joking away, then it got a tad boring as he started going through the materials on the textbook. Your mind usually start wandering away when a professor does that but he was constantly trying his best to brighten up the class. Appreciate it much.

And there’s one thing I have to say, Americans can be really really smart. Never look down on them.

On a different note, the weather yesterday was beautiful. It snowed and the bald trees were smothered with powdery snow that when the wind blows, the snow came down as if it was still snowing. I didn’t expect myself to amble across Drake with a camera in my hand and start clicking away because PLEASE, I’m a student, not a tourist. At least I will feel pretty awkward doing that. So I took a picture of the scenery from my dorm room. =) Pretty?

I know I had to show you my uni one day, so I chose this day, Jan 20, a Wednesday, a perfect day for venturing out into the cold when almost everyone is still hiding themselves under thick comforters and snoring away, to bring back some pictures of Drake especially for you.

Why? You ask. This day was supposed to be the most hectic day for me each week, but due to the weather condition in Des Moines, (I don’t know about other states) freezing rain and yada yada, all classes are cancelled today.

You think I must be prancing around with joy. No. I had my sleep being interrupted twice and you know, waking up twice is not a fun thing to do. At first, I woke up at 7.30am to find that the earliest classes have been cancelled. I then hopped onto the bed and get on with my sleep. 3 hours later, I was awaken by the alarm and when I checked, the notice has been altered. This time round, the cancellation of classes was meant for the entire day. Are you kidding me?

Coming back on track, I covered only a few buildings but I think it’s sufficient to give you a general idea of how my uni looks like because most buildings look similar, with red bricks, windows and all. Not to worry, I will be back with more pictures, just to keep you waiting and to build up the suspense.

That’s all that I’m saying and I bet you’re swearing at me already. “SHUT UP NOW AND JUST SHOW THE PICTURES!” Sean, “OKAY OKAY!”

Olmsted Building, the place where I had my Drake ID done and where you can have Subs, Pizzas and whatever they have for lunch and dinner. Not buffet style.

This is Goodwin-Kirk, my residence hall. It’s also the place where I play pool with Hern Ee and Angus.

The black building on the right is Meredith Hall, where I’m going to have my Probability 1 class. Sorry I was taking from quite a distance.

Look how a cold weather with freezing rain can cause tree branches and every other things to be frosted up. The building on the right is Aliber Hall, where most of my classes would be at.

This is where Yi Yun and Lydia currently reside in - Morehouse. It’s right beside Aliber Hall as you can see from the above picture.

Yes! I was wearing a pair of slippers while taking those pictures.

These are the classrooms in Aliber Hall if you haven’t notice they are classrooms.

That’s all for today. Stay tuned! =)

0 comments:

top