Loading...

Campus Life

It was just yesterday night I spent my first night in Goodwin-Kirk. The bed was very nice to sleep on and all the bed sheets I brought from home made my room feel very homey. It took me almost 2 hours to unpack all my things from 2 luggage and so I was tired and lazy after that. That’s why the slight delay of updating my blog.

I broke out of my daily routine of coming online after moving into the residence hall. There’s so much to do here and it is so much nearer to those places from the dorm compared to the house at Cottage Grove Avenue. For instance, there’re 2 pool tables at the ground floor of my residence hall which you can play for as long as you desire at zero cost.

Apart from that, Bell Centre which has basketball courts, badminton courts, squash courts, swimming pool, gym and so forth is less than 10 minutes walk away. If you are a sports averse person, then feel free to join the slew of clubs and societies Drake has or you could always lock yourself in the room 24/7.

As for the food part, it’s pretty much taken care of as Hubbell Dining Hall is once again opened for students. With a meal plan, you could enjoy the large variety of food HDH provides. And because it’s buffet style, you could eat as much as you can. Besides that, McDonald’s, Subway and Starbucks are now only a stone throw away. So if you were to get bored of the food in Drake, you know what to do.

This is what I did today.

I woke up at 10 in the morning and started upgrading my Operating System. Although it took me more than 2 hours to fully upgrade my lousy Vista to the awesome Windows 7, the result was satisfactory and it was worth the hassle and the waiting.

An authentic copy of the Windows 7 OS costs around $30 if you’re a student of Drake. Yes, as a Drake student, you get privileges like that. However, I didn’t pay for a single cent because Choon Hoe has a complimentary copy which I suppose came along when he bought his Dell back in Malaysia. I decided to give it a try and it worked! Boy did it feel good to have Windows 7 operating your laptop.

A little later after lunch, I went over to Bell Centre with Hern Ee for badminton. There, I met a lot of people, all Malaysians if you’re curious, and one of them was Ian. Finally get a chance to see him. I had a great time playing badminton, a game which I retired from more than half a decade ago, despite being thrashed like mad. It was fun.

Now this is something you won’t get very often. Chloe and bf came down to Des Moines from Ames for some beef noodles for dinner at this restaurant called A-Dong. So the bright shiny light bulb me tagged along. What? I haven’t seen Chloe for quite some time already okay.

So the beef noodles was really scrumptious and filling. Unlike the beef noodles you get in Malaysia, the beef noodles here are really beef noodles and not noodles with a minute amount of beef. The beefs were as much as the noodles I must say. And hell no I’m not exaggerating. I’m up for more. *hint hint*

At 10 something at night, I went down and had 7 games of pool with Hern Ee before coming back up to finally have some rest. What an exhausting day! =)

Pictures time?

That’s all. Byee.

0 comments:

top