Loading...

Unfamiliar

Seeing that the number of viewers and readers have increased for the past 3 days, I decided to reward each and everyone of you enthusiast of A Comprehensible Affection with another update of my life in Des Moines. Apart from posting up words which I know most of you despise, I’m also going to upload some pictures I have taken on my trip to Des Moines and some, in Des Moines itself.

Before rummaging through the contents of my luggage for the transfer cable, allow me to talk about random facts about Des Moines and the people.

As I have mentioned, I am now staying with Hern Ee, Angus, and Pek Hong (a Malaysian girl whom I’d not mentioned) in a house, which is pretty huge from the outside but not from the inside, in 2801 Cottage Grove Avenue. This house in which we currently reside has 3/4 levels, however, due to the extremely unique design of it, all floors are not connected to each other. Meaning, there are no stairways in any of the floors which lead to the next.

In fact, each floor has its respective entrances at different sides of the house. Ridiculous as it may sound, it took Hern Ee long enough to know that Ian is staying in the same house as him but on the higher level. Speaking of Ian, I have not seen him for a little over a year now and still haven’t got a chance to see him. As the saying goes, so near yet so far, it can be very convincing at times.

After spending more than a day in this suburban, I realize everywhere could be just a stone throw away from everywhere. What also caught my attention is the design of the road, which made “getting lost” sound pretty absurd. Everywhere is a walking distance from everywhere but people don’t really walk much now because of the extreme weather condition, duh.

Since yesterday was my first night here and I was sleeping on a sofa due to insufficient beds, I didn’t sleep really well. I woke up at 7 in the morning, my earliest yet ever since God knows when, and turned on the laptop. Trust me, it was a long wait until those 2 boys got out of bed. I was so starved that at 2 in the afternoon, I barged into their room to inform them about my grumpy stomach.

Because I was planning to open an account at the US bank near Drake, we went to this place called Jimmy Jones for lunch. It was something like subway but they serve their sandwiches with French bread instead of those fancy Italian ones. It cost me less than 6 American Dollars (considered cheap if you give your head a smack and stop doing those conversions) and I really loved it. Not to mention, the portion was big unlike Malaysia’s Subway, where a supposing half foot long bread was served in less than 6 inch.

Then we got our butts to the other side of the road and went into a building which has a “US Bank” board, covered with white snow, fixed to the wall just above the entrance. It was really really a tedious process to open a bank account. I bet I took around 1 hour or more to get everything done.

It was already pass 4.30pm by the time we reached Olmsted Centre. It spoilt the plan of getting my Drake ID done when we came to a locked entrance door and a completely dark building. Since we were already out, we decided to pay Yi Yun and Lydia a visit. It was really nice to see them but their apartment was steaming hot, we didn’t couldn’t stay for long. It’s like the hot wind you get in Malaysia but without the wind. Someone could get suffocated in there, seriously.

We then went to McDonald’s for dinner, Woot~ The price was FUHREAKING CHEAP! They actually sell Chicken and Cheese burger for $1, FREAKING ONE AMERICAN DOLLAR. Now I know where to go when I’m starving, 5 chicken and 5 cheese burgers, please. Thank you. We stayed at McDonald’s for awhile before heading back to Yi Yun’s to deliver her her meal.

The night yesterday was a bit chilly, plus it was colder than previous nights but I can totally survive this. =)

Till then.

At KLIA

At Changi

I ate Burger King at 3 in the morning.

Look how empty are the food courts.

The entire airport was also empty at that time.

I was on my way to get my boarding pass at 4.15 in the morning.

I got myself a window seat on the flight to Hong Kong.

At Des Moines

Front View: The house in which I’m staying.

Side View.

I can See Snow everywhere~

0 comments:

top