Loading...

Fly You May

Just in case you haven’t been informed about my flight to the USA, I left KLIA at 8 in the evening yesterday. Booyah.

So I departed from home at around 3.30pm. Throughout the 50 minutes journey to the airport, I contacted some of my relatives yada yada to bid them goodbye. It wasn’t a tear-inducing moment.

Of course, I also received some calls. One of them was from my darling, Shermaine. It was so nice to hear from you and trust me, I’m starting to miss you already. =’(

At the airport, the queues at both counter E and F were like a gigantic anaconda. I wasted almost an hour waiting for my turn to check in. It added on to my frustration witnessing some immoral people cutting queues. They were supposedly late for the check in and were allowed to do so (cut queues). Might as well be late than early then.

After getting everything done, I buzzed Clement who had earlier arrived at the airport with his 2 other friends to send me off. We were getting ourselves into a really interesting convo when Elaine’s call hampered that progress.

Thanks for the call, Elaine. It somehow calmed me down although I’m not nervous, and you failed to make me nervous. I have to say this. You are so motherly! =) Not referring to your age but your concern and care. You know what I mean.

Arriving at Changi airport at around 9.00pm, I leisurely walked to the information counter to gather the information about subsequent flights and boarding passes. I then sat the sky train to Terminal 3, the terminal in which I will board UA896 to Hong Kong at 6.50am. Bravo! It’s 10 hours from then on.

Seeing that I had ample time to spare, I decided to explore around the pretty Changi airport. As I walked across the airport, I began to wonder how a not-so-pretty airport like KLIA could win the best terminal award.

Finally satisfied with the distance I’d covered, level 2 and level 3 included, I found myself a seat at one of the WiFi spots and started browsing through the Net with my laptop. Owh. In order to access to the wireless service Changi airport provides, you have to surrender your passport at the information counter and get a free account. If you are a hassle-averse person, bring along an internet cable. Then you can have free access to the Internet without having to log in.

MSN and Skype were the best way to kill time, seriously. And not to forget, Facebook. Half of the time, I was chatting with my friends and boy did time fly pass me! Thank you Clement and Qing Han for staying up late to keep me company.

Of course, my family were there too, to remind me of this and that and this and that and this and that. Never ending. Until finally, it quieted down when bed time came. I stayed awake the whole time. Imagine that.

Ate Burger King at 3 in the morning and got my boarding passes at 4.45am. It’s 5.53am right now. In just a tic, I have to get myself prepared to board on my next flight to Hong Kong! Till then.

Byee!

Ps: I am very proud of myself for not feeling nervous at all when it is my first time travelling to somewhere so far away from home, ALONE.  =)

0 comments:

top