Loading...

Sunsilk – The Best Brand for Shampoo in Malaysia

An innocent-looking ID at Lowyat forum deceived the best of us and lured us into taking the bait. 4 runners and an army of female ambassadors were all they needed to ensure the roadshow was a success.

It was Wednesday morning when we marched anxiously down the grave-silent hallway, thinking that this job could we tackle and handle with ease. All we had in mind was that simple job scope that had been briefed to us back in Dataran Prima and we could not help but smirk. Not knowing that we were about to be enslaved and tormented with stern and gay supervisors, ridiculously short break times, hours of standing, work that was beyond our responsibilities, and not forgetting a low payment and the longest pay term on earth.

The first day wasn’t as bad as you think it is. Personalities were still being left in dark corners while fancy masks were donned. However, some preferred to give people a bad impression about them and that’s just so idiotic. Like this guy I know, he’s too clever and smart in a way that he was coercing me mentally and physically into doing all the filthy and labor work while he did those sissy ones. It peeved me alright but I swallowed all my anger in in order to avoid unnecessary commotions and chaos. Such noble of me. Sometimes, it could be quite hard to work with assertive people.

The day went on with me realizing that I was going to work with 2 people I’ve met prior to this roadshow, and from that moment, I know I’ve got company! I didn’t really know Clement back in HELP although we once attended the same LAN class during the first semester of 2009 but now it’s an utterly different story. He came to know me as Chloe’s friend. Heh~! The second person was Kheng Loong, a guy I work with in the Cadbury Event. I couldn’t recall the whereabouts I met him until the 3rd day when he told me that he was working at the Cadbury Event as a mini-game marshal that it finally disentangled my twisted memory.

A little while after I arrived, hairstylist, make-up professionals, and those in charge of the hair wash started swarming in. All dressed up in black and armed with their respective tools, they laid everything on the dressing table with efficiency and aided fellow female ambassadors in a partial makeover. I must say that some were truly professionals while others were just fraud but nobody gave a damn as long as the customers looked extremely gorgeous in the cover photo shoot.

Not many knew about the roadshow on Wednesday, which accounted for the low number of customers at the end of the day. Us runners who were in charge of the water for hair wash had so much time to spare that we were forced to fill up the gaps between ambassadors and start pushing sales. Absurd! Of course, nobody was happy with that and we rebelled by lazing around and chatting with the ambassadors. Negative comments about our performance bombarded at us during the briefing which was held right after the roadshow ended at 10. I bet no one kept those words in their heart because I myself didn’t get a word as I don’t hear wind. Heh!

The second day had gotten better as the pages began to fill up with names of customers. Which in English means that there were more hair wash and runners had something to do to bust boredom and attention. Us runners were keeping our fingers crossed at all times for more hair wash so that we didn’t have to perform duty like promoting Sunsilk products that’s out of a runner’s job scope.

As the weekend drawn closer, the number of customers kept increasing. Runners had to make more rounds to the toilet to fetch sufficient water supply for the tank and of course pour the dirt water away into the cleaner’s room in the male’s lavatory. Our schedules were getting more hectic by day and soon 4 runners seemed to not suffice to accomplish the piling workload. Our job had definitely gone from relaxing to exhausting and torturing.

How hard we wished the queue to be shorter and the traffic to be lighter but the wishes were never granted. We grumbled as we refilled the tank and rumbled as we scooped out the dirty water. I  ranted more when one guy chickened out at the beginning of the hectic weekend and failed to find himself a replacement. Irresponsible is the only word that could describe him. So the remaining 3 of us worked our asses off and prayed hard for it to stop soon. If you notice, our prayers contradicted with that of the first day. =)

At last, 5 consecutive days of  Sunsilk roadshow came to an end at 10.30pm on Sunday. Although the total sales may not be as high as those in Mid-Valley and Sungai Wang, but it was a great achievement by all of us as we strived hard for it. Not really actually. I’m glad that the sales weren’t that high. Hence, a treat by our supervisors in Ss 2’s Pelita.

-End-

Wait.. Here’s a lovely pic of a slacking supervisor.

0 comments:

top