Loading...

3rd Job

26th of July, 2009

Yawn~ I woke up reluctantly to the annoying buzz of my alarm. Sitting up on my bed with my eyes half-closed, I gazed through the water-stained windows. It was a drizzly Sunday morning, a perfect morning to sleep in but I had to get myself ready or I’ll be late for work. Putting on a pair of slacks and a black tee, I drove off to Central Park One Utama.

Today, Cadbury organized an event called the “Sweet Fighter Challenge” that gave the opportunity to people of all walks of life to win prizes that includes PSP, hampers, Cadbury chocolates, and souvenirs. Of course, there’s a catch. To win big prizes like PSP, people have to team up into groups of 4 or 5 and participate in a carnival game that has 6 simple stations to complete. Needless to say, the group that manages to complete all 6 stations in the shortest time wins the prize. As for the small gifts, people would only have to play a mini game. However, only those who purchased Cadbury products of up to RM20 are eligible to participate in both carnival and mini games. One receipt for only one participant in the carnival game and 3 rounds of mini games yo.

This morning, the people in charge along with 13 other marshals and ambassadors were hiding from the rain under a huge white tent, looking all tired and sleepy while contestants of the “Sweet Fighter Challenge” gradually filled up the park. Judging by the bad weather condition, I actually thought that the event would be called off, but I never guessed that people were so willing to sacrifice their sleeping time and fight through the rain just to win prizes. Malaysians.

After being briefed of what we were supposed to do, we dispersed and stood guard at our respective stations. The deejay blasted the music and the emcee tested the sound system with the mic in his hand while the contestants waited eagerly in front of the registration desk. I swore I would’ve punched the emcee in the face if I could get away with it later on because he made grammar mistakes and kept reiterating. Annoying.

Anyways, the event officially started after the CEO or whatever of Cadbury gave a concise speech and cut loose a bundle of Cadbury-branded helium balloons. 26072009453

So, I was in charge of the very first station, “Warring Faction,” where I and 2 other fellow marshals had to make sure that the black balls oscillate at all times while contestants make their way through the swinging balls. If one of the balls were to hit them, they had to go back to the starting point. Easy-peasy job. 26072009449

As for the second station, contestants had to put exactly 30 oranges into a gunny sack or they would be given a 1 minute penalty. It’s not as easy as it sounds because with 4 or 5 people putting in oranges at the same time, it would be chaotic and there’s a high chance that miscalculations would occur. I’m only familiar with 2 stations and besides, I’m too lazy to explain further, so that would be it.

Mini games. There’re a few mini games such as Bowl-A-Ball, Bytesketball, and yada-yada. Prizes to win include packets of Cadbury Bytes, Choclairs, Cadbury puzzles, and Cadbury photo frame. All the lame prizes but who cares, they’re all free.

The event ended at around 4 something, earlier than the actual ending time, which was supposed to be at 5.30. There was nothing else we could do but were asked to wait while Alex, the person in charge went to fetch our pay. So we clumped together under the shade, grabbed ourselves chairs and chatted. Then came the best part, which was when Alex came back with a stack of 50 dollar notes and I got paid RM120 on the spot! Whee~

If Cadbury were to hold another event, I would definitely love to work again! =)

0 comments:

top