Loading...

August 22nd Part 1

So much have happened lately that I couldn’t spare some time to blog. Even if I have the time, I would kindly donate it to my movies. At least 2 movies a day would do just fine. Anyways, before I embark on another movie adventure, let me finish what I’ve started here. (I don’t have to go to college tomorrow)

It was a fine Saturday morning where most people wake up to a perfectly normal day, and perform their daily routines. I was the absolute opposite.  The moment I opened my sleepy eyes, I already knew that August 22nd, today, was going to be the most happening day.

About 2 weeks before today, I was invited to Felix’s farewell BBQ party via Facebook, the site where most people hang out online, spending endless time nosing around, browsing through people’s albums, playing games and quizzes that are IQ lowering, and other unproductive activities. Then, exactly 1 week from today when I was working with the worst company ever in history Ape Ideas, I was invited to a birthday celebration by one of my “colleague.” Just when I was torn between those 2, I had another one slapping at me the night before today.

CLASHING! How am I supposed to attend all 3 at one go? I wondered. I was desperately in need of 3 Seans. The plan was to attend Felix’s one and ditch the other 2 since I’ve promised him to turn up today. The birthday party was out of the story after I knew there was going to be a clubbing session right after and besides, I would have to hitch a ride from a friend because the venue was somewhere in Kepong, sorry. So I was lazy to find myself transport and I would be a killjoy eventually because my curfew’s at 1.

The thought of attending Tze-En’s farewell never flashed through my mind until I got a call from Han Han telling me that Cock had something on, so they would be going to Felix’s crib later. So yay enough, I drove to Chow Yang and to my surprise, 13 people showed up. It took minutes for all of us to settle down around that huge circular table, squeezing ourselves like sardines to fit into that inadequate space. It felt like Chinese New Year’s Eve when one big family is having a reunion dinner.

While waiting for the food to be served, we bumped into Mrs. Lee, our former teacher back in Taman Sea High School, who happened to be dining there as well. She came over and had some chit-chats with us before heading back to her table.

It has been awhile since we met, so we were busy catching up with each other. Whoever organized this farewell was smart enough to choose a Chinese restaurant, where making loud noises would never get ourselves into trouble. Great job done there.

I left at around 9 while everybody was planning to head to somewhere else after the dinner.

Not in any of the pictures: Wei Hoong! Haha. Sorry~

To be continued…

0 comments:

top