Loading...

Pretty You!

I have been very much disconnected from the Internet world for almost a week now. Therefore, blog I shall about my life 7 days ago. But before I start bombarding you with the story of my life, here’s a sequel to my previous blog post.

I almost got a full mark for my Acts test, 77 out of 80, which is 96% after converting to 100%. That was the only good news I had last week. The bad news was, I was loosing the feeling that I was having when playing pool few weeks before, the feeling that every ball I was about to hit is going to pot no matter what. It really is frustrating when the ball did not really pot but went out of target when before you gave your best shot, you were so confident that your estimation and accuracy were accurate enough to bring the ball right straight into the hole.

However, that actually motivates me to discover my weaknesses and faults and be better at pool, a game that I really adore. Every Thursday after my final class for the week at 5.45pm, I will have my dinner and head right straight to Olmsted Center to play pool with a bunch of seniors and juniors. The place is like my favorite hang out spot at Thursday night. I will be there for 3 to 4 hours, just playing pool and nothing else.

I didn’t really get much of pool last Thursday because I was at Jewett Residence Hall rehearsing my performance for the upcoming MASA night. I was reluctant to perform at first but because Stacey was the organizer, I had to help her out because they have inadequate performers.

So I was assigned to this Kadazan dance, which has gentle and slow movements to it. (youtube Kadazan dance if you have no idea what I’m talking about). Dancing “gracefully” to the monotonous beatings of the drums made me feel kinda uncomfortable and gay because I’m not used to slow and graceful dances, but am more used to popping, locking and some breakdancing. But halfway through, we are going to do some hip hop dancing, so oh well, that suits me. Hopefully we’re able to find someone to guide us through with the hip hop parts. Pray hard.

On a different note… One night, I entered the MEN’s lavatory, holding my toothpaste and toothbrush and looking real blur when suddenly, an American girl came out of one of the cubicles!!! My eyes widened because firstly, I was shocked; and secondly, I wasn’t expecting a girl to come out but a guy because it’s a men’s lavatory! She had a embarrassed face on and sorry-ed her way out the door while I gave her the unbelievable-laughter.

Few days ago on Sunday, I attended this American host family thingy. So I tagged along with Lydia’s and Stacey’s host family and went to Jordan Creek, Des Moines’ biggest shopping mall before going to Valley Church, where all American host families in Des Moines meet up for some activities. All Drake students were seated with our respective host families in round tables, and we played board games or poker cards, whichever our host family brought with them that day.

Then it’s dinner time and then performance time and bla bla bla. Then yay! what a great day, and fast forward that to the tormenting moment when I gobbled down management stuff for the exam on the following day. The exam went well and I guess I could get quite a good grade. I’m actually having another exam tomorrow but it was postponed, so no exam! But there’s a quiz on Thursday, so I have to study for it.

And sadly, no pool again for me this coming Thursday because there’s another practice for the Kadazan dance.

Till then! Bye.

0 comments:

top