Loading...

At Last!!!

It’s been awhile since I last blogged. What exactly is holding me back?

Before my first semester in Drake ended, I had to attend to the siren songs of my life. Kind of corny for an excuse, but I really was struggling to keep myself afloat when those assignments and studies came crushing down on me like those lethal waves of tsunami. I swam, swam with all my might to the surface and gasped for air only to find more coming at me, which crushed me deeper into the sea. I was on the brink of giving up when the thought of getting into the President’s list was thrown to me like a huge life-saving float. I was finally, at the very least, afloat, despite having most of my energy drained. And that’s all that matters. I pushed on to sustain those grades and I’m glad to say that my efforts bore fruits, in fact, the sweetest fruits on earth I have to say. I got into the President’s list with a CGPA of 4.0. That wasn’t very hard, was it? Screw you. People get slashed along the way, bleed profusely, and were half dead when they got there. Some were long dead before they were even close enough to have a glimpse of the President’s list. It’s easier said than done.

When the semester ended, Whoosh. It’s like having tons of burden taken off your shoulders. The craziness unleashed, and all you can think of was to soar high up into that vast blue sky like a freed bird, gasping for fresh air like it were to be your last breath. At least that was how I felt. Most of my time were spent with my friends. We cooked dinner together, cramped up in a small room watching “Diary of A Sex Addict”, went shopping, gathered around a small dining table playing Dota. It was so much fun! I PPS-ed when I had nothing on my to-do list, and I was and am really into PPS. I’m watching so many movies, tons of it in fact, to compensate for those movie time my studies took up during the semester. Besides that, I drowned myself in activities and recreations. I say yes to all the activities Amy and Dan organized, activities I would talk about later on. Went to Bell Center with Ryan when he wanted to get some time off his FM preparation. I just did not want to get involved in words, as it would bring up those stressful moments I had a few weeks ago. Hence, I had to put blogging aside for a moment. Sorry I was on such a long hiatus. Bad habit for a blogger.

There goes my second reason for not blogging for such a long time. And here’s the third. Hey! I’m trying to give you reasonable and elaborated reasons instead of saying “I was busy, period”, which is so rude and short when I had you guys waited for so long! I’m being considerate here, so please bear with me. Here goes. When the time came to start blogging again, I hid and avoided. The thought of having to fill up such a huge blank in the story of my life scares me to hell. I didn’t know where to start and I didn’t want to leave my readers uninformed of those interesting days that I enjoyed so much either. It would be very unfair of me to blast your mind off with all the ramblings I had to make and not share with you even an ounce of sweetness I tasted in life. Being selfish defies the whole purpose of blogging and that’s just not what I’m going to do. So readers, you are now staring at the blog where pain and happiness are equally shared. Be loyal to it and regret you shall not.

So it’s time to put my fears and phobias behind me and embark on this adventurous journey of blogging, starting off from where I abandoned you, shall we? …

…Spring break finally came and my plans did go smoothly. Tuesday morning, Fang Kai, Chew, Ryan, and I were waiting eagerly at the GreyHound bus stop in downtown Des Moines for the very bus that will bring us to a place where all the fun begins… CHICAGO…    

0 comments:

top